[csw-users] ruby updates?

Ben Walton bwalton at artsci.utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 10 21:34:19 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I've got a blastwave apache2 setup that needs to grow support for ruby
on rails.  Natually I'd like to use the blastwave ruby packages to keep
things maintainable as a whole.  I noticed though that even the unstable
ruby package is 1.8.6 p110.  This is earlier than the minimum required
p230 to avoid the recent vulnerabilities (see:
http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2008/06/20/arbitrary-code-execution-vulnerabilities/).

Am I missing something here or have the packages just not been updated?
If someone has packages available for testing, I'd be willing to guinea
pig for you as this is a brand new ruby setup (so we wouldn't be
breaking anything else if it doesn't work).

I can always build ruby manually, but I prefer nice packages when
possible.

Thanks for your help with this (and with making solaris nicer in
general)!
-Ben
--
Ben Walton
Systems Programmer - CHASS

GPG Key Id: 8E89F6D2; Key Server: pgp.mit.edu
Contact me to arrange for a CAcert assurance meeting.