[csw-users] ruby updates?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at blastwave.org
Thu Jul 10 21:54:16 CEST 2008

Hi Ben,

Am 10.07.2008 um 21:34 schrieb Ben Walton:
> I've got a blastwave apache2 setup that needs to grow support for ruby
> on rails.  Natually I'd like to use the blastwave ruby packages to
> keep
> things maintainable as a whole.  I noticed though that even the
> unstable
> ruby package is 1.8.6 p110.  This is earlier than the minimum required
> p230 to avoid the recent vulnerabilities (see:
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2008/06/20/arbitrary-code-
> execution-vulnerabilities/).

First let me say that the Ruby package is currently
orphaned. I took a look at the Ruby website and the version
information looks a bit messy as the german page states
1.8.6p110 as stable whereas the english page states
1.8.7p22 as stable. The general policy is to package
stable versions. However, the package description for
the current package has been assembled carefully and
a respin with p230 shouldn't be too hard. I may not
have time for this now, but maybe some other maintainer
is willing to take over the package.

Best regards

   -- Dagobert