[csw-users] gsasl blastwave package (problems when running tests)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at blastwave.org
Wed Mar 5 08:28:38 CET 2008

Hi Nick,

Am 05.03.2008 um 01:02 schrieb Mick Weiss:
> My current stumbling block:
> `gmake` fails on:
>
> LIBS =  /bin/krb5-config: Unknown option `gssapi' -- use `--help'
> for usage
> ^^^ this gets added to all of the Makefiles. So I take it out
> manually.

You have a wrong path. If you have CSWkrb5libdev installed you should
have
/opt/csw/bin before /usr/bin. You wanted to bind against the Blastwave
MIT Kerberos, did you?

The gssapi-version is not available in Solaris Kerberos as
opposed to the Blastwave kerberos:

blastwave# /usr/bin/krb5-config --help
Usage: /usr/bin/krb5-config [OPTIONS] [LIBRARIES]
         [--help]          Help
         [--all]           Display version, vendor, and various values
         [--version]       Version information
         [--vendor]        Vendor information
         [--prefix]        Kerberos installed prefix
         [--exec-prefix]   Kerberos installed exec_prefix
         [--cflags]        Compile time CFLAGS
         [--libs]          List libraries required to link [LIBRARIES]
Libraries:
         krb5              Kerberos 5 application

blastwave# /opt/csw/bin/krb5-config --help
Usage: /opt/csw/bin/krb5-config [OPTIONS] [LIBRARIES]
         [--help]          Help
         [--all]           Display version, vendor, and various values
         [--version]       Version information
         [--vendor]        Vendor information
         [--prefix]        Kerberos installed prefix
         [--exec-prefix]   Kerberos installed exec_prefix
         [--cflags]        Compile time CFLAGS
         [--libs]          List libraries required to link [LIBRARIES]
Libraries:
         krb5              Kerberos 5 application
         gssapi            GSSAPI application with Kerberos 5 bindings
         krb4              Kerberos 4 application
         kadm-client       Kadmin client
         kadm-server       Kadmin server
         kdb               Application that accesses the kerberos
database

> After going in *all Makefiles* and taking out the last part of that
> line... it compiles and `gmake` works.

That's why it doesn't work ;-) I would also recommend compiling
with Sun Studio if you don't need any special gcc stuff.

> :-/ Not sure what goofed there. I attached some files, hope that
> this will help.

Your .garrc would have been helpful as you don't usually mess with
gar.conf.mk.

> If anyone has a chance and knows wth is going on, you may save what
> little sanity I have left. Any help would be appreciated.

Just could try
   http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/trunk/lib/libgsasl
The package has not been released as I had to revolve a nasty
byte order dependency breaking the Sparc build in libntlm
(an optional prerequisite) first. You can get your libntlm from
   http://www.blastwave.org/testing/index_cron.html
or, of course,
   http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/trunk/lib/libntlm

There is usually much activity in the repository. It is
a good idea to get a fresh update before starting.