[csw-users] gsasl blastwave package (problems when running tests)

Mick Weiss mweiss at building-b.com
Thu Mar 6 01:40:15 CET 2008

Hi Dagobert,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> Am 05.03.2008 um 01:02 schrieb Mick Weiss:
>
>> My current stumbling block:
>> `gmake` fails on:
>>
>> LIBS =  /bin/krb5-config: Unknown option `gssapi' -- use `--help'
>> for usage
>> ^^^ this gets added to all of the Makefiles. So I take it out
>> manually.
>>

> You have a wrong path. If you have CSWkrb5libdev installed you should
> have
> /opt/csw/bin before /usr/bin. You wanted to bind against the Blastwave
> MIT Kerberos, did you?

Yes, I wanted to bind to that. I did have the PATH set correctly though.

# echo $PATH
/opt/csw/gcc4/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

>> After going in *all Makefiles* and taking out the last part of that
>> line... it compiles and `gmake` works.
>>

> That's why it doesn't work ;-) I would also recommend compiling
> with Sun Studio if you don't need any special gcc stuff.

I want to only compile with gcc. I have a lot of gcc specific code and
it will be easier for me, since everything that I'm trying to make work
- has been compiled with gcc before.

>> :-/ Not sure what goofed there. I attached some files, hope that
>> this will help.
>>

> Your .garrc would have been helpful as you don't usually mess with
> gar.conf.mk.

Whoops... guess I shouldn't have messed w/ that :)

Here is my .garrc

SF_SITES = mesh

# Packaging information
SPKG_PACKAGER   = Mick Weiss
SPKG_EMAIL      = mweiss at building-b.com

PATH = /opt/csw/gcc4/bin:/opt/csw/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# Where to put finished packages
SPKG_EXPORT     = /opt/blastwave/pkgs
#SPKG_EXPORT     = /opt/blastwave/staging/build-$(shell date '+%d.%b.%Y')

# Proxy settings
http_proxy =
ftp_proxy =

#SPKG_EXPORT     = /opt/blastwave/pkgs
DESTDIR         = /opt/blastwave/staging
SPKG_SPOOLROOT  = /opt/blastwave/spool
GARCHIVEDIR     = /opt/blastwave/src
GARCHIVEPATH    = /opt/blastwave/src

SUN_CC_HOME = /opt/studio/ss11/SUNWspro

>> If anyone has a chance and knows wth is going on, you may save what
>> little sanity I have left. Any help would be appreciated.
>>

> Just could try
>    http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/trunk/lib/libgsasl

Oh, I did get it to build properly.
> The package has not been released as I had to revolve a nasty
> byte order dependency breaking the Sparc build in libntlm
> (an optional prerequisite) first.
I know about that problem. I fixed it on my side. I think it had to do
with this line:

#define SmbLength(ptr) (((ptr)->buffer - (uint8*)(ptr)) +
(ptr)->bufIndex) <-- i think is had something to do with this.

but I forget to be honest :)
> You can get your libntlm from
>    http://www.blastwave.org/testing/index_cron.html
> or, of course,
>    http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/trunk/lib/libntlm
>
> There is usually much activity in the repository. It is
> a good idea to get a fresh update before starting.

Yup, I've been doing `svn up` a bunch. :D

- Mick