[csw-users] Multiple fixes for cpan/

Michael van der Westhuizen r1mikey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:07:11 CET 2008

Hi All,

Apologies if this is not the right place to send this sort of thing,
but I've attached a diff and a few new ports for the cpan/ tree to get
a number of Perl modules I need up and running.

The new ports attached are only those explicitly needed by what's
already in the tree. The majority of the diff file is to deal with
fallout from invalid checksums.

I also found that cpan/Data-Buffer, cpan/Digest-MD2 and
cpan/Digest-BubbleBabble actually compile and package fine, but
they're not in the pkg-get catalogue (no idea why not...).

I'm happy to become the maintainer of all packages affected by this
diff and the new packages I've attached. I also have a number of
additional packages which I'd like to contribute to, and maintain in,
the CSW repository (I'll be working with these packages every day, so
it's probably a good thing for them to be in the CSW repo).

Ports fixed by the diff:
Class-Loader
Convert-ASCII-Armour
Convert-PEM
Crypt-Blowfish
Crypt-DES
Crypt-DES_EDE3
Crypt-DH
Crypt-DSA
Crypt-Primes
Crypt-Random
Crypt-RSA
Digest-HMAC
Digest-SHA1
Email-Valid
Math-GMP
Math-Pari
Net-SSH-Perl
Params-Validate
perl-ldap
Sort-Versions
String-CRC32
TermReadKey
Tie-EncryptedHash

New ports (and why):
Class-ErrorHandler (needed by Convert-PEM)
GSSAPI (needed by perl-ldap)
Text-Iconv (needed by XML-SAX-Writer)
XML-Filter-BufferText (needed by XML-SAX-Writer)
XML-SAX-Writer (needed by perl-ldap)

Other new ports I'd like to contribute and maintain:
Class-Singleton
DateTime
DateTime-Locale
DateTime-TimeZone