[csw-users] is there a problem with install?

gerard ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr
Fri Jun 26 07:18:49 CEST 2009

Peter Bonivart wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM, gerard<ghenry at cmi.univ-mrs.fr> wrote:
>> hello all,
>> since few days, i've got problems when trying to install some packages with
>> pkgutil:
>> w2100-root% /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil -i freeciv
>
> This is because libcairo has a dependency to libsrvg (?) and that one
> depends on libcairo so a cyclic dependency is present in the catalog
> right now, it is being fixed with a new libcairo released today.
>
> I have also added a simple protection for this in pkgutil so it
> doesn't loop forever in these cases. You can replace
> /opt/csw/bin/pkgutil with the below if you want to try it:
>
> http://pkgutil.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pkgutil/trunk/pkgutil?revision=69

just tried:
w2100-root% /opt/csw/bin/svn co
https://pkgutil.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pkgutil pkgutil
w2100-root% cd pkgutil/
w2100-root% cd trunk/
w2100-root% perl pkgutil -V
Pkgutil         1.7b1
Arch            i386
Solaris         5.10
Pkg patch       119318 (119318-01 installed)
GPG binary      /opt/csw/bin/gpg
Gzip binary     /bin/gzip
Mailx binary    /bin/mailx
MD5 binary      /opt/csw/bin/gmd5sum
MD5 module      2.33 (primary choice for MD5)
Perl            5.008004

w2100-root% perl pkgutil -i freeciv
Checking catalog integrity with gpg.
gpg: Signature made Wed Jun 24 22:16:33 2009 CEST using DSA key ID E12E9D2F
gpg: Good signature from "CSW Distribution Manager <dm at opencsw.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 0BF0 9891 9340 86DC EBE3  DDFF 06A1 ED1B E12E 9D2F
Parsing catalog, may take a while...
Loop protection limit (25000) hit. There's probably a cyclic dependency
in the catalog.

gerard