[csw-users] I don't know what pkg or pkgs are broken....

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Sat May 30 00:50:51 CEST 2009

Aaron Wilson <aaron at ernieball.com> writes:

>but the other day i did an upgrade of all the csw packages on three
>separate machines. Now neither of those three machines will shutdown or
>reboot with out having to kill it with the power switch. They would just
>hang at when it shuts down all the services. All three machines are Sun
>Ultra 20's.

Yes!  I am also having a similar problem where my SPARC V250 machine
appears to run the entire shutdown sequence, but it never drops me into
the boot prom regardless of how long I wait.  I am then forced to issue an
L1-A to get to the prompt.  This started a couple of weeks ago and it does
seem like way too much of a coincidence - especially across two different
architectures!

Like Aaron, I cannot imagine what CSW package could be responsible for this
behavior.  Does anyone have a clue or a suggestion of how to troubleshoot
a problem of this kind?  I don't see anything interesting in the logs.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small           CJSA LLC                       206-232-3338
jeff at cjsa.com              7000 E Mercer Way, Mercer Island, WA  98040