[csw-users] new Stable Release possible?

Jon Fechner jon.fechner at tellabs.com
Fri Feb 5 17:49:06 CET 2010

Hello -

I have not upgraded my installs in a while (since the Blastwave split)
and am finally getting around to it.

We are a 'stable' shop, but when I did a "pkg-get -c" to see what would
be upgrading I was disappointed to see there weren't many upgrades
(firefox is still at 2.0) and it looked like the last update to the
stable branch was April 2009.

Is the stable branch really used much anymore? Do most people just live
on the 'current' branch?

I would love it if 'stable' were updated at least twice a year, but if
it isn't a priority and too few people actually use it, I guess I'll
have to consider the 'current' branch.

Thanks for all your work and any info you can provide!

Jon Fechner
Tellabs
and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee
or agent responsible for delivering this message to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reproduction,
dissemination or distribution of this communication is strictly
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Tellabs