[csw-users] syslog-ng

Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 13 18:19:20 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Sebastian Kayser <skayser at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi Yang,
>
> * YANG LI <yangli at clemson.edu> wrote:
>>    Is syslog-ng availabe yet? I can see it is announced in opencsw.org
>>    website, but I do not see it from pkg-get command:
>>
>>    > pkg-get -a | grep syslog
>>
>>    pm_parsesyslog 1.10,REV=2008.03.02
>>
>>    pm_unixsyslog           0.100
>
> I suppose you are using the stable/ release branch. From what I see,
> syslog_ng is only available from the current/ (formerly known as
> unstable/) release branch. Others can likely verify this and add some
> background information.

That's correct.  The stable branch is best described as dead.  It's
not only syslog_ng, but also many of its dependencies that aren't
available in the stable branch.  As far as I know, the stable branch
gets no updates and won't get any until further notice.  Even the
security updates -- they are only released to the current branch.

Maciej