[csw-users] warning about X11 libraries

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun May 30 01:41:06 CEST 2010

(Please note: this email has also gone to our "announce" mailing list,
which I encourage everyone to sign up for. This message is so important,
however, that I thought it best to copy both lists)

To our esteemed users:
Please be warned --  We are redoing our X11 support strategy at this time.
This means that some programs that use libraries under /opt/csw/X11/lib
may get broken by updates over the following weeks.
We are planning to remigrate X11 support to primarily use Sun X11
libraries, which means refocusing our efforts on libraries directly under
/opt/csw/lib.

We apologise for any difficulties this may cause you.
In extreme cases, we remind you that there ARE older versions of packages
kept at http://csw.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/oldpkgs/ , amoung other
places, if you find yourself in need of an older package in an emergency.

Thank you for your patience. Please know that we are working hard for the
end result of a more up to date, and also better performing, X11 experience
for you, our users :-)