[csw-users] NFS shared /opt anyone?

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Oct 3 03:57:12 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I'm curious to hear whether or not you're sharing /opt over NFS.
Supporting this configuration has traditionally been a goal of CSW,
but it forces several compromises in the way we can deliver package.
We're continuing to attempt this support on the premise that sites out
there are benefiting from it.  We don't know if this is true or not.

So, if you're sharing a single install point of CSW packages over NFS,
we'd love to know.  It would also be interesting to know if you've
recently abandoned this approach for machine-local /opt.

Thanks
-Ben
--
Ben Walton