[csw-users] Sendmail - File too large

Owen Eng owen.eng at rogers.com
Fri Jun 10 20:55:48 CEST 2011

Thanks Maciej. I think you are most likely right. Your reply prompted me to dig further to figure out how to proceed. Can you elaborate further to give me a push start?

1) Find, install, configure, use "a special 64-bit file access API"
This is probably the simpler of the two however I how no idea how to do it. Can you direct me on this or point me to some reading material?

2) Build "the binary in 64-bit mode"
I hope I don't have to do this so I'll explore this last.

Owen

On 10/06/2011 2:19 PM, Maciej Bliziński wrote:
> 2011/6/10 Owen Eng<owen.eng at rogers.com>:
>> I believe it is failing because the mailbox "/var/mail/xxx" is 2GB. In fact,
>> it works if I remove it and let it recreate a new one. Is there a max file
>> size limit in play somewhere that I am not aware of?
>>
>> Can anyone help me solve this problem?
> Hi Owen,
>
> I'm guessing it's the 2GB file size limit of 32-bit binaries.  It can
> be overcome by using a special 64-bit file access API, or by building
> the binary in 64-bit mode.
>
> Maciej

believed to be clean.