[csw-users] Sendmail - File too large

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Fri Jun 10 21:04:08 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Owen Eng's message of Fri Jun 10 14:55:48 -0400 2011:

Hi Owen,

> 1) Find, install, configure, use "a special 64-bit file access API"
> This is probably the simpler of the two however I how no idea how to
> do it. Can you direct me on this or point me to some reading
> material?

Start with:

man largefile
man lfcompile

> 2) Build "the binary in 64-bit mode" I hope I don't have to do this
> so I'll explore this last.

If sendmail wasn't built with large file support, it'll need to be
rebuilt.  Specifically, it would need -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and
-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE passed to the compilation process.

While I agree that CSWsendmail should be updated, having a 2G mbox
file scares me a little bit. :)

Thanks
-Ben
--