[csw-users] Sendmail - File too large

Owen Eng owen.eng at rogers.com
Fri Jun 10 23:14:39 CEST 2011

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your direction. I have either misunderstood the initial suggestions from Maciej or I am even further off now.

I think I have to clarify my understanding that using "a special 64-bit file access API" means to "build the binary in 32-bit mode with largefile support, specifically -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE passed to the compilation process".If this is so, then a recompile of the binary is the ONLY way to solve this problem. I will leave it up to the OpenCSW maintainers to determine the advantages of compiling in 64-bit or 32-bit with largefile support and patiently and passionately await for the release of a new CSWsendmail package.

In the mean time I'll find another workaround. Thank you all for your support!

Owen

>> 1) Find, install, configure, use "a special 64-bit file access API"
>> This is probably the simpler of the two however I how no idea how to
>> do it. Can you direct me on this or point me to some reading
>> material?
> Start with:
>
> man largefile
> man lfcompile
>
>> 2) Build "the binary in 64-bit mode" I hope I don't have to do this
>> so I'll explore this last.
> If sendmail wasn't built with large file support, it'll need to be
> rebuilt.  Specifically, it would need -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and
> -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE passed to the compilation process.
>
> While I agree that CSWsendmail should be updated, having a 2G mbox
> file scares me a little bit. :)

believed to be clean.