[csw-users] Now a Problem Using FireFox

Fred Strickland fredstrickland at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 04:08:07 CEST 2011

Good evening,

I tried this again.  I used the ftp instructions from http://www.ehow.com/how_2284571_firefox-via-ftp-windows-xp.html and worked through the file system.  I am not sure what 7.0b-whatever is about.  So I went with 6.0.2.  I downloaded the file into /tmp.  I used the tarball extract instructions from http://sunfreeware.com/README.firefox6  I was surprised how easy it was.  I typed firefox at the terminal and Firefox opened up.  Very nice.  Somehow, I don't think I should have had a real program inside a tmp folder.  So where do you store your Firefox folder?  Do you have it at the top level?  Or do you have it inside /opt or another location?

That is odd.  There is an error message appearing in the same terminal window that I used to fire up Firefox:

  (Gecko:973): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to find default local directory monitor type

I am not sure what that is about.  I look forward to your next message.

Thank you,

Fred