[csw-users] Firefox on Solaris 9

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 17 05:08:42 CEST 2012

No dia 16 de Abr de 2012 20:43, "upen" <upendra.gandhi at gmail.com> escreveu:
> We have a user who runs his sun blade 2000 workstation(sparc) and uses
> opencsw to get updated packages for Solaris  9 installed on it.
>
> pkginfo -l CSWfirefox (...)
>
> It'll be great if this version gets an update. If not, request is to
> maintain it in the repo. User will not migrate to Solaris 10.

Hi Upen,

Thanks for the response.

Let's think about the options. We don't have any plans (read:
workforce and motivation) to jump through the rather demanding hoops
to keep Firefox up to date on Solaris 9. We can keep the old version
in the catalog if people find it useful, but there's no point in
waiting for updates, they won't come. There are security concerns that
an old version is vulnerable to a variety of attacks - sorry, but we
can't do anything about it.

If the user is motivated to have an up to date Firefox on Solaris 9,
the only way is to step up and take it on. We'll be happy to accept
patches, and to provide all the tools and buildfarm access.

For now, I'll add the Firefox package back to the unstable repository.

Maciej