[csw-users] Firefox on Solaris 9

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 21:43:05 CEST 2012

Hi,

We have a user who runs his sun blade 2000 workstation(sparc) and uses
opencsw to get updated packages for Solaris  9 installed on it.

pkginfo -l CSWfirefox
   PKGINST:  CSWfirefox
      NAME:  firefox - Firefox Community Edition web browser
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  3.0.14,REV=2009.09.12
    VENDOR:  http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.0.14/source/
packaged for CSW by William Bonnet
    PSTAMP:  wbonnet at build8s-20090912223314
  INSTDATE:  Dec 02 2010 18:16
   HOTLINE:  http://www.opencsw.org/bugtrack/
     EMAIL:  wbonnet at opencsw.org
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:     4061 installed pathnames
                   4 shared pathnames
                  45 directories
                  99 executables
              213787 blocks used (approx)

It'll be great if this version gets an update. If not, request is to
maintain it in the repo. User will not migrate to Solaris 10.

Thanks for the heads up!
Upen

2012/4/16 Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Does anyone still use Firefox from OpenCSW on Solaris 9? We are
> currently removing unused / not useful packages from the catalog and
> if no one uses it, we'll drop it.* We expect that most Solaris desktop
> users would have already migrated to Solaris 10, 11 or OpenSolaris,
> and it's rather unlikely that someone depends on Firefox on Solaris 9.
> We wanted to check that with you though. If you want Firefox for
> Solaris 9 to stay, speak up!
>
> Maciej
>
> * It has already been dropped from the unstable catalog, but we can restore.

upen,
emerge -uD life (Upgrade Life with dependencies)