[csw-users] list of top level packages?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 7 23:51:27 CET 2012

Hi George,

Am 07.11.2012 um 23:40 schrieb "Wyche, George             PW" <George.Wyche at pw.utc.com>:
>> Am 07.11.2012 um 22:34 schrieb "Wyche, George             PW"
>> <George.Wyche at pw.utc.com>:
>>> Pretty close. That script saves me several hours of scripting effort.
>>> The ideal would be for someone who has EVERYTHING installed to run that
>>> script and make the list available.
>>>
>>> I would change the title of that page to (or have an addition of) : Top-Level
>>> Packages
>>
>> Unfortunately it is not that easy as some packages are useful on their own, but are
>> also use as dependencies for other packages. This includes perl, curl, netpbm,
>> ectags etc.
>> If you are interested in the software that we package the bundle may also be
>> interesting.
>>
>>  dam at login [login]:/home/dam > pkgparam  CSWlibcurl4 OPENCSW_BUNDLE
>>  curl
>
> So I might edit the catalog of the 3000+ openCSW packages, convert all the lines to look as above, save the output to /tmp, sort -u, and treat that as my top-level packages list?

Just by coincidence I happen to have a script that generates a catalog with
an extra column carrying the bundle for every package:
  http://opencsw.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/opencsw/buildfarm/bin/rest-interface/getcatalog?revision=625&view=markup
…and yes, I suppose you could treat the bundles as the top-level packages.
We also talked about modifying the catalog to make that one the default,
but hey, too many things on the list. Why this is not on the webpage?
Same reason. Please keep in mind that not all packages have a bundle as this
was introduced IIRC in 2009, so older packages don't have that.