[csw-users] Mozilla SpiderMonkey JavaScript interpreter binary missing

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Oct 25 18:55:39 CEST 2012

2012/10/25 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> Hi Jan,
>
>> I don't know why we don't have the spidermonkey shell in a package.
>> I see no reason why not. If I have the time tomorrow I will try to
>> include it. (It seems to build fine)
>> Maybe someone else will pick it up earlier.
>
> It looks like the CSWspidermonkey package was simply never
> released...?  If I get a chance tonight I'll crank them out to save
> you the cycles tomorrow.

It's my fault, I wrote the build. I was only interested in the library
and didn't pay attention to other files. One problem is that the
spidermonkey build does not have the install target, so I had to write
my own. See "install-custom" in this file:

https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/spidermonkey/branches/js-1.7/Makefile

So it's simply an omission, and if the file is there, it simple to add
a ginstall invocation and put the file into a package. I'll let Jan do
it.

Maciej