Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 18 11:28:51 CET 2013

Em 17/11/2013 21:50, "Peter Bonivart" <bonivart at opencsw.org> escreveu:

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Jocelyn Kirshenbaum <jkirsh2 at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> > Are there gpg signatures  for older version of a package. I put
 location
> > http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/allpkgs/ as the mirror to use in
> > pkgutil.conf. I ran  pkgutil got “Fetching new catalog and descriptions
> > (http://mirror.opencsw.org/opencsw/allpkgs/sparc/5.10) if available ...
> > Catalog

/var/opt/csw/pkgutil/catalog.mirror.opencsw.org_opencsw_allpkgs_sparc_5.10
> > is not signed! Check your mirror settings or disable use_gpg in package
> > thatpkgutil.conf.”
> >
> > BTW, The package I would like to install is php5-5.3.13.
>
> You can't use allpkgs with pkgutil, it doesn't contain any catalogs,
> only package files. Easiest would be to just download and install the
> package manually.

We have many reports of people wanting to install specific versions of
packages, maybe we could have a tool where you could compose your own
catalog from whatever there is available in allpkgs, and allow you to
specify the version of each package. Dependencies would be added
automatically.

Caveat 1: you would have to specify deps versions too

Caveat 2: It would be easy to compose a broken catalog, e.g. if you
selected an unlucky combination of pkg versions

What do people think? Useful idea? Stupid idea?

Maciej