New package request : Samba 4.1.x

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Wed Dec 17 20:24:24 CET 2014

Le 2014/12/17 18:21 +0100, Chip Schweiss a écrit:
> I've been diving into building Samba 4.1.14 for OpenCSW.
>
> Given the existing work that was set to version 4.0.9 it was fairly
> trivial to get it to compile.   All I had to do is update and install
> talloc to version 2.1.1 and it compiled cleaning with mgar..
>
> I'm curious what is considered incomplete to get Samba4 to be considered
> a releasable package?
>
> I'd be happy to work through those issues.
I think one of them would be the transition from Samba 3 (which I've
been packaging).

There's checking that there is no conflict with the subpackages (ie,
identically named ones), and those which needs to be marked INCOMPATIBLE.
Also check there are no regression with CSWsamba (I had done some work
to place the PAM bits in the right places to be usable by the system).

Nothing too difficult, just planning, and we can test it.

Laurent