r_base 3.3.0 -> 3.6.3

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Apr 29 08:29:55 CEST 2020

Hi Gabor,

Am 28.04.2020 um 22:27 schrieb Gábor Csárdi <csardi.gabor at gmail.com>:
> So basically every
> directly linked library should be added as a dependency?

Yes, otherwise the binary requiring the library won’t load and pkgutil
will install everything needed automatically this way.

> I took a quick look, and it looks good. Of course I could only look at
> Solaris 10 i386, but both the 32 bit and 64 bit version looks good.

Excellent, I’ll push 4.0.0 to unstable then. Thanks!

> One thing that could be improved is the handling of the 32 bit and 64
> archs. R has its own package system to distribute R code, and it also
> supports multi-arch R packages, but the Solaris package does not
> support this currently. I'll try to fix this for the next version.

Good idea, just let me know what adjustments are needed. Probably
something similar to the individual packages that we have in Perl
or Python?

Best regards

  — Dago