how to remove entirely the opencsw packeges in order to reinstall them cleanly

Marc Lobelle marc.lobelle at uclouvain.be
Fri May 15 15:47:04 CEST 2020

Dear All,

I'm using for many years a CSWcourier-imap server on OI-hipster 2016.4.

I wish now to reinstall it on a new computer. (running OI-hipster
2020.4).  So, I installed pkgutil on the new server.

Apparently, everything went fine for installing CSWcourier-imap, but
there were errors for CSWcourier-authlib. However the systems believes
everything is OK, but I cannot enable the cswcourier-imap service.

I tried thus to remove everything and retry, but I am unable to remove
the CSW packages with pkgutil -r: it says the packages are in use,
although svcs does not show them.

How can I entirely remove these packages . I removed entirely /opt/csw,
/var/opt/csw, /etc/opt/csw, but the system still thinks that the
packages are there. What else do I have to remove to be able to
reinstall the packages.

Thanks

Marc