[csw-maintainers] bad interactions with CSWcommon

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jun 20 04:12:48 CEST 2010

> At the very least, we should come to some consensus on how packages
> should deliver files into /opt/csw/share/locale/ in order to have
> something to point at in the future if something like this occurs.

I agree. unfortunately I have lost context of why we dis it.
I do believe that back in the day, "certain things" did not work
unless files were delivered in BOTH those subdirs, but many
applications only delivered to one, hence the symlink.

don't know if that was a sol8 specific problem or not though.

test case:
set locale to one of those, remove the symlink, see what breaks. on sol8
if it does, then we have our test to see if 9 is equally broken