[csw-maintainers] Completely drop Solaris8?

James Lee james at opencsw.org
Tue Mar 16 18:34:19 CET 2010

On 16/03/10, 17:13:06, William Bonnet <william at wbonnet.net> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-maintainers] Completely drop Solaris8?:

> We actually have a loooootttt of software which are available on Solaris
> 8 and not yet released as stable. So I would say, let's do one last
> "stable" supporting Solaris 8, then freeze it.

This was the plan as I saw it.

Statement on stable: I've been doing a lot of work on testing the
integrity of the current unstable with a view to putting forward
a stable release candidate.  The problem is it fails badly and
fundamentally because of the use of CSW X11.  I will add more in
another thread later.

James.