[csw-maintainers] getting people onto dublin (from: stable)

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 18 23:06:29 CET 2011

2011/11/18 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
> Additionally, I think we should never disable access to anything the hard way.
> Adding a note to be displayed would be IMHO best.

I had this radical idea:

mv stable stable-do-not-use

Concerns and answers:

1. "sites that have subscribed to stable won't get updates"
Answer: Stable doesn't get updates anyway

2. "sites that have subscribed to stable will see error during update attempts"
Answer: Yes, that's the idea: they'll see errors and will realize
they need to do something about it.

3. "sites that are desperate and must keep using stable will have to
update their configuration"
Answer: Tough luck.

4. "new sites will not be able to subscribe to stable in a straightforward way"
Answer: Exactly! They shouldn't subscribe to stable.