[csw-users] How can I get blastwave's package sources?

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Thu May 17 16:12:39 CEST 2007

On 17/05/07, 14:47:06, "Trygve Laugstøl" <trygvis at inamo.no> wrote regarding
Re: [csw-users] How can I get blastwave's package sources?:

> Sure, but the problem is that the sources might be unavailable for many
> reasons like a new release was made and the old release was
> removed/moved or server is offline or even gone.

Try asking, specifically what do you want?  They should all archived
somewhere.  Note that GPL allows a charge to me made for this service,
I'm sure Dennis can provide you with his rates.

> I would like to have an
> assurance of that when I build a package I build from the *exact* same
> sources as the one in the archive was built.

Why?

> I bet that today it is
> practically impossible to rebuild any Blastwave release older than a
> year or even a half year.

I take on your bet, but you have already lost.  The practical problem
is reconstructing the environment to build an old package but I have
already done it when we needed a back compatible package.  Normally
there is no reason to do it.

James.