[csw-dev] Multi-ISA GAR

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Mon Mar 24 22:53:40 CET 2008

Dagobert Michelsen a écrit :
> Hi Yann,
>
> Am 24.03.2008 um 20:49 schrieb Yann Rouillard:
>> I began to convert openssl to the new multi-ISA system, I have two
>> comments so far:
>>
>>     - the default isa install target is fine for standard programs
>> using automatic-multiarch-compile
>> the classic configure script but will not work for everything (and
>>
>> indeed not for openssl).
>>     I added a new INSTALL_EXTRA_ISA_SCRIPTS to allow to redefine the
>> target
>> used: see http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/changeset/1994
>
> This is a good solution for openssl, but I don't believe
> that there are any more packages built in the same way
> (correct me if I'm wrong on this). I think it would be better
> to solve this with

Well, I definitely think there are other packages like openssl, don't
underestimate the imagination of developpers, althought it shouldn't be
the majority.

In blastwave, I think at least pine and procmail don't use the standard
configure, so it would be nicer to be able to handle that case without
specific tweak.

>>     - I would like to be able to not use the automatic prototype
>> generation
>> but I didn't see a way to disable your new automatic prototype
>> generation. Could you add this option ?
>
> This should work out-of-the-box. If the prototype is defined
> in DISTFILES it shouldn't get overridden, so existing Makefiles
> shouldn't break. Generally dynamic prototypes don't need adjustment
> on version updates, so if there is anything missing which you need to
> use them let me know what is missing and we may find a general solution.

The prototype are parts of DISTFILES, have a look at
http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/browser/csw/branches/dam/automatic-multiarch-compile/lib/openssl/Makefile
They are arch suffixed, maybe that's not correctly handled.

>>     - I still have a problem building openssl, the first time I try to
>> build the package target after a "gmake clean", I have the following
>> error:
>>     gmake: *** No rule to make target `package-CSWossl', needed by
>> `package'.  Stop.
>>     If retry "gmake package" after this error, it works.
>>
>>     You'll find the debug log of the first gmake call in my home:
>> ~yann/gmake_package.debug.log
>>     You'll find my automatic-multiarch-compile build tree on ra:
>> ~yann/csw2/automatic-multiarch-compile/
>
> This seems to be the same issue: dynamic prototypes. I'll make
> a test environment with your openssl-Makefile and try to reproduce
> this.

Thanks.

Yann