[csw-dev] Multi-ISA GAR

Dagobert Michelsen dam at blastwave.org
Tue Mar 25 09:25:30 CET 2008

Hi Yann,

Am 24.03.2008 um 22:53 schrieb Yann Rouillard:
>>>     I added a new INSTALL_EXTRA_ISA_SCRIPTS to allow to redefine
>>> the target
>>> used: see http://svn.blastwave.org/trac/changeset/1994
>> This is a good solution for openssl, but I don't believe
>> that there are any more packages built in the same way
>> (correct me if I'm wrong on this). I think it would be better
>> to solve this with
>
> Well, I definitely think there are other packages like openssl,
> don't underestimate the imagination of developpers, althought it
> shouldn't be the majority.
>
> In blastwave, I think at least pine and procmail don't use the
> standard configure, so it would be nicer to be able to handle that
> case without specific tweak.

Now I see what you are going to accomplish: you
use the install-part of the Makefile _only_ for
the default ISA and copy in everything else manually.
That is somewhat different from what I had envisioned
but nonetheless useful. James again uses the install
differently: he has separate dirs for DESTDIR-installation
and copies the files together as last step. This may be
elegantly combinable with your approach. Please
continue while I give this some more thought :-)