[csw-maintainers] Hudson

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Dec 4 08:57:48 CET 2008

Hi Trygve,

Am 04.12.2008 um 08:35 schrieb Trygve Laugstøl:
> I think that this is an important part of the development process if
> you
> actually want to get non-maintainers to test the software. If they
> need
> to do lots of manual stuff, like wget'ing a file to get the previous
> build, they won't do it. In particular as it is today where the
> previous
> release is removed when a new one is installed.

How about adding one more dimension in the catalog: time. Then
mirror.opencsw.org:/opencsw/ could look like this:

   current/
   stable/
   testing/   manually build packages restructured from /home/testing
   hudson/
     REV=2008.12.12/
       sparc/
         5.8/
           /<package> - might be older

That means /home/hudson/packages holds all packages build by hudson in a
flat structure and then a catalog-build-script makes hudson-subdirs for
each day putting the packages in it. If a package is not rebuild on that
day the latest version is used. Sounds good?