[csw-maintainers] package hooks (update)

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Thu Jul 2 21:05:30 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 02:59:28PM -0400, Ben Walton wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Thu Jul 02 13:51:32 -0400 2009:
> > > http://wiki.opencsw.org/package-hooks
>
> > I dont see where it explicitly calls how how a package tool can
> > differentiate between "batch" and "per-package" hooks.
> Well, if you read the description of the two groups of hooks, you
> should see that it notes:

Yes, it describes what [a batch hook] should do.
However, it does not explicitly describe how a package installation tool
should RECOGNIZE a batch hook, AS a batch hook, that i could see.

If the tool does not know which scripts are batch hooks, then it wont know
_what_ to call, even if it knows _when_ to call them! :-D