[csw-maintainers] [csw-users] sendmail-8.14.3 in testing

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Wed Oct 7 18:14:47 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> # pkg-get -U -u CSWbdb
>>  http://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/solaris/opencsw/current/sparc/5.8/catalog
>
>> No worries... you already have version 4.7.25,REV=2009.07.01 of berkeleydb
>> If you doubt this message, run 'pkg-get -U', then run
>> 'pkg-get upgrade berkeleydb'
>
> This is good.
>
>> # pkg-get -s [testing] -v -U upgrade sendmail
>>
>> INTERNAL ERROR: cannot get remote version for CSWbdb
>> Perhaps your catalog is out of date
>
> This is bad. It looks like a bug in pkg-get when dependencies are
> already installed on the local system but not in the catalog (which
> should be ok).

Well, I dunno about that being "should be ok" :-} that might be a "feature" ;-)
[to guard against broken catalogs/packages]

That being said, I already have longer term plans to implement better
handling of this sort of thing, by directly supporting dual-site in
pkg-get.
Unfortunately that is MAJOR work for pkg-get, and I did not have time
during my updates last weekend. it will have to wait until I have
another free weekend, to implement it.

(odd though.. i thought pkg-get used to be a bit more forgiving about
this sort of thing from testing)