[csw-maintainers] confused with build-global and build-isa...

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Thu Feb 11 10:54:01 CET 2010

Hi Jake,

Am 10.02.2010 um 22:11 schrieb Jake Goerzen:
> Thank you I'm looking at this now and starting to understand better.
>
> not sure what this means, does this mean /usr/ucb/install is going to
> be used? Shouldn't I use /opt/csw/bin/ginstall instead?
>
> INSTALL_OVERRIDE_VARS = INSTALL
> INSTALL_OVERRIDE_VAR_INSTALL = /usr/ucb/install

That means that
   INSTALL=/usr/ucb/install
is passed to "make install" to override the Makefile variable "INSTALL".
The syntax is
   INSTALL_OVERRIDE_VARS = <list of variables>
   INSTALL_OVERRIDE_VAR_<var1> = <value1>
The reason for using INSTALL_OVERRIDE_VAR_* instead of just the
variable is that the overridden variables are often very common
and may break the build at other places.

I choose /usr/ucb/install because it worked :-) ginstall may have
worked also.