[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_calendarsimp, pm_calendarsimple

Jonathan Craig jcraig at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 2 18:05:21 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:

>> Perhaps not so clear, is that depending on CSWcommon is also wrong.
>> The stub(s) uses nothing of the contents of CSWcommon.

Getting rid of the CSWcommon dependency only required a:

COMMON_PKG_DEPENDS =

to keep it from being added by gar.

> Removing the dependency to CSWperl is not that hard - a possibility
> to override dependencies should just do it. OTOH I could also
> add something that if the package has been registered as stub
> it will have no implicit dependencies. I'll have a look on how
> to best implement it.

Getting rid of CSWperl looks to be more involved.  I believe its
pulled in from the depend.perl file inside of gar but couldnt
immediately discern how.  As the stub package has a:

PKGFILES_CSWpmcalendarsimp = NOFILES

line this could be a good trigger to forgo added dependencies.

Jon