[csw-maintainers] [csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs pm_calendarsimp, pm_calendarsimple

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 10 16:14:27 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 02.11.2010 um 18:05 schrieb Jonathan Craig:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Dagobert Michelsen
> <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> Perhaps not so clear, is that depending on CSWcommon is also wrong.
>>> The stub(s) uses nothing of the contents of CSWcommon.
>
> Getting rid of the CSWcommon dependency only required a:
>
> COMMON_PKG_DEPENDS =
>
> to keep it from being added by gar.
>
>> Removing the dependency to CSWperl is not that hard - a possibility
>> to override dependencies should just do it. OTOH I could also
>> add something that if the package has been registered as stub
>> it will have no implicit dependencies. I'll have a look on how
>> to best implement it.
>
> Getting rid of CSWperl looks to be more involved.  I believe its
> pulled in from the depend.perl file inside of gar but couldnt
> immediately discern how.  As the stub package has a:
>
> PKGFILES_CSWpmcalendarsimp = NOFILES
>
> line this could be a good trigger to forgo added dependencies.

I have added a new directive to finer control dependencies in GAR by
using
   RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_ONLY_*
the automatic dependencies are not included at all.

Please be advised to closely look at dependencies on new packages:
   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/11547

This module can be used as a reference:
   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/cpan/Time-modules/trunk/Makefile?rev=11549

Feedback as always welcome!