[csw-maintainers] http://www.opencsw.org/packages/<pkg>: Add GAR build recipe URL to package page?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Fri Nov 5 17:27:02 CET 2010

On 11/5/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> No dia 5 de Novembro de 2010 15:45, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> escreveu:
>> On 11/5/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>>> How about: "build description" or "package build description"? The
>>> word "repository" does not contain any interesting information in this
>>> context.
>>

>> i disagree.
>> It's not a "description". It's a reference to a specific svn-tag, in a
>> specific part of a source code tree.
>
> No, it's not a reference to a subversion tag.  It's a reference to a
> specific revision of a file in a subversion repository.

err, what?

Existing OPENCSW_REPOSITORY lines in packages, do not refer to a
specific directory.
They tend to have the form

OPENCSW_REPOSITORY=https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/software/trunk@12345

That does not refer to a specific file.

If we are planning to make OPENCSW_REPOSITORY visible in our package
information webpage, then "description" does not fit that information.