[csw-maintainers] http://www.opencsw.org/packages/<pkg>: Add GAR build recipe URL to package page?

Sebastian Kayser skayser at opencsw.org
Fri Nov 5 17:27:42 CET 2010

* Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com> wrote:
> On 11/5/10, Maciej (Matchek) Blizinski <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> > No dia 5 de Novembro de 2010 15:45, Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>
> > escreveu:
> >>

> >> i disagree.
> >> It's not a "description". It's a reference to a specific svn-tag, in a
> >> specific part of a source code tree.
> >
> > No, it's not a reference to a subversion tag.  It's a reference to a
> > specific revision of a file in a subversion repository.
> >

> err, what?
>
> Existing OPENCSW_REPOSITORY lines in packages, do not refer to a
> specific directory.
> They tend to have the form
>
> OPENCSW_REPOSITORY=https://gar.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gar/csw/mgar/pkg/software/trunk@12345
>
> That does not refer to a specific file.
>
> If we are planning to make OPENCSW_REPOSITORY visible in our package
> information webpage, then "description" does not fit that information.

Isn't what the user sees once he clicks this sort of link (adjusted to
be browser-usable of course) a build description? I tend to agree with
Maciej that the location is an implementation detail and the field name
should describe what content the link is pointing to.

Anyway, the field name can easily be changed once it is in place and is
secondary in nature to the link being in place at all. So how about
we/you spend our time implementing this thing rather than going in
circles about the name?

Sebastian