[csw-maintainers] An end to IRC back-biting ?

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sun Jun 12 19:52:58 CEST 2011

2011/6/12 Maciej Bliziński <maciej at opencsw.org>:
> 2011/6/11 Philip Brown <phil at bolthole.com>:
>> For the record.. I did see an error about "unneeded dependancy"
>> *before* I submitted it.
>> Unfortunately, I incorrectly judged it a false error, so did the
>> equivalent of a override in gar.
>> If I used gar, I would have done the same thing, (...)
>
> Not necessarily.  Here's what would have probably happened if you used GAR:
>
> A surplus-dependency [1] error would be thrown.  As far as shared
> library analysis goes, checkpkg is almost never wrong about them.

Maciej, the python version of checkpkg and the ksh version, use
basically the same method of checking.
They are exactly as reliable as each other.

So no, nothing would have changed if I had used gar checkpkg.

Now how about addressing the other part of my email, reguarding
ensuring that at least two humans examine a package?
Feel free to change the subject line to something more appropriate,
for wider discussion.