[csw-maintainers] proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Jun 18 16:16:48 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 6:52 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I think we've waited long enough on this.  Here is the proposal that
> myself and others are setting forward regarding the changed release
> process: http://wiki.opencsw.org/automated-release-proposal
>
> If you like it, feel free to add your name at the bottom.

huh? What's the point of that? we're going to vote on it, why are you
telling people to do that, AND vote?
It seems like nothing more than a "lobbying" effort to try to bias
people towards it, rather than just having a clean vote.

> Comments welcome.  Once this has been digested, Phil will write the
> cons side of the ballot and I'll do the pros.

Ben, I believe that, weeks ago now, you said you would write up
something on what procedures opencsw would have to amend proposals
prior to vote.
You have not done that.
I would like to put forward an amendment to the proposal. Are you
going to disallow any kind of formal *on-list* amendment mechanism?