[csw-maintainers] proposal

Philip Brown phil at bolthole.com
Sat Jun 18 23:22:31 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Philip Brown's message of Sat Jun 18 10:16:48 -0400 2011:
>
>> huh? What's the point of that? we're going to vote on it, why are you
>> telling people to do that, AND vote?
>
> Well, if enough members support it before the vote happens, there is
> no need for a vote as it will have passed without the formality of
> ballot bin.

When member(s) of the board, attempt to completely change the way
opencsw operates,
and they are at the same time *specfiically* attempting to avoid a
formal vote while doing so, there is something extremely wrong.

Is no-one else concerned about this? ???

>> I would like to put forward an amendment to the proposal. Are you
>> going to disallow any kind of formal *on-list* amendment mechanism?
>
> Please provide your amendment for public review and get the support of
> every currently signed member.  Modifications without the support of
> everyone that has already signed off on the current form might
> invalidate their support, thus 100% approval for the change.

This is a ludicrous methodology. But now it seems clear your real
reason for getting people to "sign" it. You making the barrier to
suggest changes impossible to overcome.

This is abuse of power, yet again.

To people who arent saying anything about this because they agree
about the direction it is headed... consider that the same political
railroading will also be used in the future, for issues that you do
NOT agree with.
Speak up now if that thought bothers you.

If the majority of voting members votes a particular way, I'm not
going to fight it. What concerns me the most, is that if the board is
so convinced this is "the will of the majority", then why are they
fighting so hard to allow the majority to have a clean vote, instead
of these underhanded tactics?