[csw-maintainers] write access to tape devices

Darin Perusich darin at darins.net
Tue May 3 14:14:44 CEST 2011

Ben,

Having the bacula user in the 'sys' group should be all that's
necessary to write to the tape devices and read the disk device, this
is the case for Amanda, but if you're using something outside of
ufsdump/ufsrestore you'll hit permissions issues. For Amanda there are
some RBAC rules that need to be set for taking ZFS snapshots and
stuff. You'll need to take a look at the Amanda package or my build
scripts to get the details. I'm not managing Solaris systems anymore
so I don't recall the specifics.

--
Later,
Darin