[csw-maintainers] An idea: monthly IRC meetings

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun May 15 16:28:32 CEST 2011

Excerpts from Maciej Bliziński's message of Sun May 15 08:14:35 -0400 2011:

Hi Maciej,

> We've been using IRC for a long time, but it's been informal, and
> we'd meet at random times.  We've also been meeting in real life,
> but only every 6 months.  How about combining the two ideas and
> establishing monthly IRC meetings? They could constitute a useful
> middle ground between the slow paced, low-interaction mailing list
> and high-interaction but costly IRL meetings.

I like this idea.  IRC is great for chats, but due to time zones,
we're rarely all in there at the same time.  If we designate certain
points in time when we'll attempt to get together, this would help a
lot, I think.

Thanks