[csw-maintainers] graphviz-2.28 status.

John Ellson ellson at opencsw.org
Thu May 26 15:00:02 CEST 2011

On 05/26/2011 03:32 AM, Maciej Bliziński wrote:
> 2011/5/25 John Ellson <ellson at opencsw.org>:
>>
>> So now, to finish the graphviz-2.28 upgrade, as I understand it, I
need to:

>> - post swig-2.0.3
>>
>> [ Please remind me. Do I do a:
>> submitpkg ~/newpkgs/swig-2.0.3*
>> ? ]
>
> Correct.

Well almost..

Apparently the procedure is:

    mkdir -p /home/experimental/ellson
    cp  ~/newpkgs/swig-2.0.3* /home/experimental/ellson
    cd /home/experimental/ellson
    submitpkg  swig-2.0.3*

Why doesn't submitpkg take care of this itself, and simply accept
filepaths to the packages?

Also, some programs, for example, svn and cvs for their changelogs,
can detect if the edit session was closed normally or aborted,
and then use this to decide whether to complete processing.   The
separate "sendmail -t < newpkgs.mail" just seems a bit unnecessary.

John