[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] cannot svn checkout on Solaris 9 SPARC

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Mon Jun 11 16:31:03 CEST 2012

2012/6/11 Jan Holzhueter <jh at opencsw.org>

> Am 11.06.12 15:53, schrieb Dagobert Michelsen:
>
> > - rollback the openssl update for Solaris 9
> > - compile subversion and everything else linked to neon also on Solaris 9
> > - rollback the neon update on Solaris 9
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Solaris 9 is a mess atm anyway.
> I would think the best way is not to push the openssl update to Solaris
> 9 at all and stay with 0.9.8.

If we don't push library upgrades to Solaris 9, but we still allow package
to be built under it, I think it will be more complicated to maintain a
Solaris 9 build environment.

- packages will have to be linked to different library versions depending
on the solaris version, that could lead to more potential problems and
cases to debug,

- concerning openssl 0.9.8, I will have to a different set of packages
depending on the solaris version: library only for Solaris >= 10, library +
binary + development files for Solaris 9.
I suppose this can be done with GAR but it's an additionnal complexity
(openssl is now builded 15 times I think to be able to provide packages for
Solaris 9, 10 & 11 with various architecture-optimised build).

So if we go that way, I think we should rather simply really drop Solaris 9.

If we don't go that way, I think the best way would be to rollback neon and
wait for the all related packages to be build before releasing them
together.

However, that's a lot of package ! http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-openssl

If neon is the only one to cause problem because of an explicit version
check, maybe we could focus on neon linked libraries and binaries.

Yann