chkpkg and soname-unused

Rafael Ostertag raos at opencsw.org
Mon Nov 4 18:03:01 CET 2013

Hi Dago

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 05:44:09PM +0100, Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Rafi,
>
> > Could it be related to the buildfarm update?
>

> Probably, the T5220 is now running 105400-04 whereas unstable10x is still running 147441-19.
> Should I update the x86 machines also? My impression is to patch as less as possible to
> not introduce new linker symbol anomalies. The patch on the farm was needed to fix an ugly
> bug in zfs which prevented us from doing backups, so no option of not installing ;-)

If it is related to Solaris patches, patching x86 would mean that `-z ignore'
might not work on x86 anymore, as well. So, wouldn't it be smarter, to figure
out why it stopped working on sparc? I mean, -z ignore ain't such an esotheric
switch and has been put in place for good reasons, hasn't it?

cheers
rafi