Efforts to relocate recent perl to /opt/csw/perlgcc/*

Claudio claudio at opencsw.org
Thu Nov 13 09:24:50 CET 2014

Hi,

Perl 5.20.* (with gcc) builds fine on the regular install path, but
adding it to the archive would break too many dependencies. Following
bonivart's and lblume's suggestion I am trying to build perl 5.20.1 to
be installable on a parallel location in the meanwhile, i.e.
/opt/csw/perlgcc with its own tree hierarchy like bin, share, and so
on.

So far, the furthest I've gotten is a ok build (with overrides) and
the use of LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/csw/perlgcc/lib/amd64/perl/5.20/CORE
    /opt/csw/perlgcc/bin/perl -version
This is perl 5, version 20, subversion 1 (v5.20.1) built for
i86pc-solaris-thread-multi-64

Of course, this is ugly as hell, but I haven't been able to point to
the correct libraries in the mgar Makefile. I tried this adding
EXTRA_RUNPATH_DIRS = $(prefix)/$(libdir)  (prefix is /opt/csw/perlgcc)
but it didn't do any good.

The gar Makefile is here:
http://sourceforge.net/p/gar/code/HEAD/tree/csw/mgar/pkg/perl/trunk/Makefile

Any pointers?