gnustep-base, package warnings

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 15 15:54:34 CET 2014

Hi Riccardo,

> Am 15.11.2014 um 15:10 schrieb Riccardo Mottola <rmottola at opencsw.org>:
>
> Hi Dagobert,
>
> Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
>
>> Short note: please do not use DEP_PKGS any more, it is from the early days where I thought having simplified deps for runtime and compiletime are a good idea. Essentially if you have one RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS defined the DEP_PKGS are not used: https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/source/xref/opencsw/csw/mgar/gar/v2/gar.pkg.mk#589
> https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/trac/wiki/GAR%20Variable%20Reference
>
> Perhaps it should be written that the two variables are exclusive in us and that RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS is preferred?
>
> (btw: how do I get login credentials for the wiki? I see that there is no anonymous editing)

I can setup one for you, the access file is separate as Trac runs in a separate zone.

>> This means the library cannot be found because RPATH is missing so you must use LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>> later on which is bad. I suggest using EXTRA_RUNPATH_DIRS for this.
> I can't find the variable you mention in:
> https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/trac/wiki/GAR%20Variable%20Reference

Well, these are more funky and not commonly used, but you are right, they
should be documented.

> Most of the warnings seem to come from the various GNUstep tools. One is supposed to "source" the GNUstep.sh/GNUstep.csh file before using them, so I expect them not to be bound to the gnustep libraries.
>
> still, I added (as proposed by the comment):
> EXTRA_RUNPATH_DIRS = /opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries
>
> to see if it get rids of some of those warnings, but apparently it did not.
>
> However, let's proceed one problem after the other.
>
> Why do I still get
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibicui18n52
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibz1
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibxslt1
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibxml2-2
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibicuuc52
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibgcc-s1
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibgnutls28
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibgmp10
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibobjc4
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWgnustep-base += missing-dependency|CSWlibicudata52
>
> They are now listed! I commited my Makefile, can you check what's wrong?
>
> And this error? How can i be sure it is bous? I suppose the check is grepping for /usr/local which could be also a string or a default.
> * File root/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-
>   base.so.1.24.7 contains bad content: '/usr/local'. If it's a legacy file
>   you can't modify, or if you investigated the issue and the string does not
>   pose a real issue, you can override this error.
>
> I suppose that the following instead is bogus, since it is a readme.
> * File root/opt/csw/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-
>   base.so.1.24.7 contains bad content: '/usr/local'. If it's a legacy file
>   you can't modify, or if you investigated the issue and the string does not
>   pose a real issue, you can override this error.

I would like to reproduce the problem on unstable10s but get the following error:

configure: error: You are running configure with the compiler (/opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.9 ) set to a different value from that used by gnustep-make (/opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.9).  Please run configure again with your environment set to match your gnustep-make

Looks like there is a space(?), does it work for you?

Best regards

  — Dago