gnustep-base, package warnings

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 15 19:42:05 CET 2014

Hi Dagobert,

Dagobert Michelsen wrote:
> Hi Riccardo,
>
> I can setup one for you, the access file is separate as Trac runs in a separate zone.
Please do, I could then do at least minor edits when I find them or
collect information I gather here on the list.
>>> This means the library cannot be found because RPATH is missing so you must use LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>>> later on which is bad. I suggest using EXTRA_RUNPATH_DIRS for this.
>> I can't find the variable you mention in:
>> https://buildfarm.opencsw.org/trac/wiki/GAR%20Variable%20Reference
> Well, these are more funky and not commonly used, but you are right, they
> should be documented.
We should document everything, at most, write that something is rare or
should be used only in case of problems. Otherwise we are condemned to
ask the list again and again :)
> I would like to reproduce the problem on unstable10s but get the
> following error: configure: error: You are running configure with the
> compiler (/opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.9 ) set to a different value from that
> used by gnustep-make (/opt/csw/bin/gcc-4.9). Please run configure
> again with your environment set to match your gnustep-make Looks like
> there is a space(?), does it work for you?
This is very strange! I am working on unstable10s, that is the box you
gave me access to on the farm:
SunOS unstable10s 5.10 Generic_150400-17 sun4v sparc
SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5220

I have no uncommitted diffs (svn diff in
/home/rmottola/opencsw/gnustep-base/trunk shows nothing).

Are you testing on the same machine as I am? that would be inexplicable,
since I run against the same packages you installed for me! I'm puzzled.

Riccardo