[csw-pkgsubmissions] newpkgs help2man

Philip Brown phil at opencsw.org
Sat Jan 1 03:22:12 CET 2011

There is a "bug" in the documentation.

help2man.info has,

     LD_PRELOAD="/usr/lib/help2man/bindtextdomain.so" \
       LOCALEDIR=tmp \
       TEXTDOMAIN=PROG \
       help2man -L fr_FR at euro -i PROG.fr.h2m -o PROG.fr.1 PROG
     rm -rf tmp

     will cause PROG to load the message catalog from `tmp' rather than
    `/usr/share/locale'.

I'm *presuming* that the prog itself has already been fixed to not
default to /usr/share/locale :) But it would be a bad idea to have the
documentation tell our users that it loads locale information from
/usr/share/locale.

Unless of course.. it DOES actually do that...
(which it might do, given the problems I've observed with our gettext
shared libs and local dirs)

please confirm where it gets the locale information, and update the
info page if it isnt /usr/share/locale