[csw-pkgsubmissions] yaz

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Jan 18 21:39:05 CET 2011

Hi Phil,

Am 18.01.2011 um 19:05 schrieb Philip Brown:
> On 1/18/11, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> Hi Phil,

>>> Strange, pushed again.
>>
>> "yaz" has still not been released. I repushed again. Please verify
>> that it reaches the mirrors.
>
> Sorry, I had set yaz aside, and forgotten about it. I THOUGHT I had
> emailed the list, but dont see it. maybe I forgot to send :-(
>
> There's a whole bunch of incorrect references to  /usr/local in the
> manpages, etc.
> I think these are not trivial examples, but "this is where you
> configure yaz" type docs.
> How about cleaning them up?

Phil, your constant nagging about documentation is a real PITA.
Fixing these takes an amount of time (probably on every release)
which has no resemblance to the main package. We have A TON of
really outdated, not packaged PRIO-1 stuff. Do you really think
we should focus on documentation instead of having e.g. an updated
Kerberos or PHP? Fixing doc issues in all packages takes a regular
amount of time in terms of *hours* I don't have for version
bumps. For a 100% package we should fix it, right. But we are not
at 99%. Or 95%. Or even 90%. We are more at 75%. Focusing on
docs is IMHO the wrong priority.